Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Random thoughts:

It's much easier to buy books on Kindle, just like it is to buy music on ITunes.

Kindle Fire is easier to read at night but can't be read in daylight outside with sunglasses on.  My original Kindle is much better for that.

I'm loving life today because I've finally finished the revisions! Yay!  All I have to do now is put in the chapter breaks and spell check, plus re-read to make sure it still makes sense.  Then it's back to work on the Nocturne.

I finally went back to the gym and two people (my former personal trainer and another personal trainer) said things like "You're a once-a-weeker now" and "We sure haven't seen you in awhile."  Made me feel horrible.  Even when I offered up "I had family issues", I still felt like a slacker.

However, it sure felt good to go back to the gym.  I even talked my 80 year old father into getting a free membership (called Silver Sneakers).  He went yesterday and walked on the treadmill for the first time ever.  My goal is to slowly (very slowly) get him to exercise each day. 

I've been tracking my calories with a fantastic IPhone app called LOSE IT and am freakin' amazed at how quickly calories add up.  I've also learned (like I didn't know this already, sigh) that I waste a lot of calories on beer.

Speaking of food, I made the most amazing, delicious, healthy lunch yesterday.  A packet of Albacore tuna, one English muffin, a dab of Fat free mayo, lettuce, tomato, top with shredded cheese, broil in the toaster over (I pre-did the muffin before assembling it).  Delicious and not too bad in the calorie dept either!  Win for me!  Lonnie even liked it.

I miss shopping for shoes.  The ankle thing kind of prohibits this, though I have bought two more ankle braces.  Shoe substitutes?  Maybe.

I've read three of my Rita books.  All three were good.  I've got the fourth one ready to start reading at lunch today.

I'm such a slave to schedules.  I don't know why, but I feel better when I stick to one.

My mom has gotten pneumonia.  Not good when she just completed her Chemo and Radiation treatment for her Pancreatic Cancer.  I'm praying for her and I've taked to her twice yesterday.  She has another doctor appt today.  So far, they're allowing her to stay home.  Fingers crossed that she's making a good recovery and doesn't have to go in the hospital.

My female Boxer puppy gets spayed next week.  I'm very nervous about it - she has to stay at the vets overnight.  I've had several male dogs neutered in the last fifteen years, but they didn't have to stay overnight.  The last female I had spayed was 13 or so years ago (little Daisy Mae) and she passed away last August.  Weird how I'm so freaked out about little Liberty Belle (Libby).  My vet is beyond competent, so I have no reason to be concerned.  Yet I'm letting this add to my stress.

I need to go help my dad organize his garage so he can park his car in there.  I also need to bathe my two Boxers.  I also need to work.  I need a clone.  Yep, that would do it.

If I think of anything else, I'll add to this Random Wednesday post.

No comments: