Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday, January 30, 2012

It's been a roller coaster ride lately.  What?  Oh, my life of course.  Right after I posted about everything being back on track with my writing and the gym, things went nuts.  My dad put his car in the shop and I ahd to become his driver, my husband had eye surgery and can't drive, and now my mom (who has pancreatic cancer and just finished her Chemo and Radiation) has pneumonia.  Not good.  Not good at all.

On top of that, I have revisions due.  However, for some bizarre reason, in the middle of yesterday's craziness (we didn't know what was wrong with my mom), the new ending for my book occurred to me.  And I wrote/revised like a fiend.  I'm about 20 pages from the end, with a lot more to cut and more to write (trying to keep the word count where it needs to be).  So far I've cut over 8000 words (40 pages) and written more than that.  On the plus side, this story is a LOT stronger.  On the minus side, I haven't been able to work on my Nocturne that's due 3-1. 

Off the wall question - why is it when I finally quit the day job and become a full time writer, my life goes insane? 

Ah well.  My husband is healing well - we went to the doctor's yesterday.  He just needs to be patient.  I programmed my father's GPS so he can always find his way home.  And my mom is on strong antibiotics so hopefully she'll make a full recovery.  Whew. 

Now I just need to finish these revisions and I'm golden!

No comments: