Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thursday, February 2, 2011

So today I'm back working on my Nocturne.  Actually, I'm having to re-read it, to see where I was and what I was thinking.  It sort of feels new to me now, because I was so immersed in revising The Cop's Missing Child. 

Ahhhhhh.  Deep breath.  Wolfs.  Royalty.  Totally different from cops and missing children and intrigue and danger.  Though there is that in this book (danger) as well.

Today is Groundhog Day, I think.  I believe I read (on The Facebook) that Phil saw his shadow and we have six more weeks of winter.  If so, BRING IT ON!  Here in Texas, we have not had a winter.  At all.  Our newscasts keep showing us last year at this time.  The temps plunged to 10 degrees (that's what killed my baby palm tree) and we had snow and ice and a high of 22.  I stayed home from work and had a fire in the fireplace and wrote on my laptop while lounging in my recliner.  Drinking hot cocoa.  Ahhhh.  Bliss.

Not so this year.  Temps in the 70's close to 80. I actually had to turn the AC on last night to sleep.  Pfhhht.  I do like a touch of winter.  Come on now.

Anyway, I'm almost done reading my Rita books - I have one left to read.  I had an eclectic crop of books this year.  Nothing surprising, at least not yet.  But mostly enjoyable reading. 

Ah well.  I need to have lunch and then figure out my afternoon.  You know me, with my love of schedules.

No comments: