Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It was an oatmeal kind of morning. 


I woke up at 3 am due to rain storms.  When I looked at the thermometer, it showed 32.  I went back to bed.  At four it started sleeting and when I got up at 5am, it was 22 degrees outside.  My poor dogs rushed through their morning potty breaks, not liking being pelted by sleet.    All the schools were cancelled in the DFW area.  I was glad, because that meant my daughter didn't have to drive to work.

As I type this, it's 17 degrees outside with a windchill of 0.  That's right.  (And yes, it was 75 this past weekend and I had all the windows open so the house could air out.)  The weather people say tonight it will get as low as 10, with a wind chill in the MINUS single digits.  OMG!  My poor palm.  That's ICE and snow coating it.


Luckily, all the plants inside my greenhouse (with two oil heaters going) are nice and toasty warm. So far I've watched the two cardinals and the blue jay feeding from the feeder.




My husband took his giant SUV and went to work. He called to let me know he'd had no problems. I told my receptionist to stay home and check with me at 10, but unless it's super busy, I'm going to tell her to stay home. Heck, unless it's super busy, *I* plan to stay home. I see hot cocoa, a fire in the fireplace, my laptop and my recliner all in my future for today.

Gotta love a snow day!






No comments: