Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2-9-11 Wednesday

This morning, just as predicted, I woke up to sleet and freezing rain.  15 degrees outside with a wind chill of 5.  The sleet changed over to snow a little while ago and is supposed to continue until 10 or so.  All the metroplex schools have been cancelled (5 days in one year - a new record, I think!)

My poor palm is still hanging in there.

My poor husband (a native Texan) is not doing so well.  He hates cold weather and snow.  He went to work in his giant SUV.  I stayed home with a fire in the fireplace and am preparing for a day of writing.  Harlequin approved my synopsis so I've got a book to write!  Yay!

I'd better finish up here so I can get to it.

Addendum:

I've spent almost the entire day in my recliner with the laptop with a roaring fire in the fireplace.  So far I've written 1100 words on the Work in progress.  My beloved Mini-Schnauzer Mitchell has been curled up by my side.  (That's Mac my Boxer on his bed in front of the fire.  Daisy's sleeping on the couch!)

It's been an awesome, if cold, day.  I even made some chicken white bean chili and some cornbread for supper tonight.  I wish every day could be like this.

In a little while, I'm going to go to the gym and do cardio for half an hour.  Last night's personal training session was FANTASTIC!  My personal trainer Rick came back to work at the gym and I couldn't be happier. 

Off to see if I can write a little more before Lonnie comes home from work and we head to the gym.

No comments: