Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday January 31, 2011

Wow, the last day of January.  Already.  The weekend was beautiful - weather in the 70's.  I even opened the windows in the house to let it air out. 

I also cooked a turkey.  Let me explain.  Back in November when all the turkeys were on sale for Thanksgiving, I couldn't pass up 23 cents per pound.  I got a 14 pound turkey for a little over 3 dollars.  I stuck it in the freezer since I wasn't hosting Thanksgiving dinner.  Last week I took it out and let it thaw in the fridge.  I cooked it in my big electric roaster. 

I also made stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, broccoli, and rolls.  It was like a mini-Thanksgving all over again.  Including family drama.

Yes, there was a disagreement.   My grown daughter and I disagreed and instead of wisely conceeding the point to her, I continued to argue.  She ended up upset and with her feelings hurt and I ended up feeling like an ass.  In my defense, I honestly didn't think this particular issue was such a big deal or a hot point with her and she took what I said differently than I meant it.  Honestly, I could kick myself for even saying it in the first place and then continuing to try to press the issue was beyond foolish. 

She took home leftovers but now isn't speaking to me.  Despite numerous apologies, both in person, vial email and text.  Odd that an author can forget that words have the power to hurt so badly. 

Hopefully, time will heal everything over.  In the meantime, I've got a lot of turkey leftovers.  I'll be eating turkey rather than crow (sorry, I couldn't resist). 

No comments: