Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursday May 17, 2012

Sorry I forgot to post yesterday. It was Day 3 of The Haven's Fast Draft workshop and yes, I wrote 20 more pages!  Plus I worked on revision for my Nocturne.  Today is day 4 and I'm getting a late start (due to a killer headache among other things), but I fully plan to revise the Nocturne AND write 20 more pages, no matter what! 

This has been both liberating and empowering.  Scary, a little bit, but writing always is.  I was upset that I missed the gym yesterday, but something had to go and that was it.  Every day this week, I've hit all my goals - writing AND steps (10,000 steps a day per my pedometer, which is *way* more difficult than you'd think!)  Except yesterday, I only hit 9371 so fell a bit short, but didn't have one ounce of energy reserve to do that extra 629 steps.  I regret that today, but life must go on.

Anyway, despite the late start, I'm ready to dig in.  I'm going to start off working on revisions, then transition to a 30 minute timed writing session, then revision, and so on.  That seemed to work so well yesterday.

Wish me luck.  PS, if you're a writer and you're reading this, I seriously advise you to take the next Candace Haven's Fast Draft workshop.  Best $20 I ever spent! 

No comments: