Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Nearing the End

Of the book, that is.  I have less than 8,000 words left to write to hit the 80,000 needed, and that's before I go back and start cleaning it up.  I hope to get as close as I can to the ending today/tomorrow, and then have the rest of the time to go back and clean up.  And fix.  And add stuff and subtract stuff.  If you're a writer, then you know the drill.

It doesn't help that it's been beautiful outside.  Like gorgeous.  Like the kind of gorgeous that says I should be down at the lake, fishing.  Camping.  Enjoying nature.

Ah well.  A living must be earned, right?  At least, that's what I tell myself. 

Yesterday Romance Writers of American announced the finalists for its prestigous Rita Awards.  My good friend Stephanie Doyle got the nod for her book Dr's Deadly Affair.  (clap, clap, clap!)  I'm so happy for her.  And proud.  I so wish I could go to the national conference (where they decide the winner and have a huge, formal award ceremony) to support (and drink with) her.  Ahh well. 

Guess I'd better get back to it. 

No comments: