Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday, March 9, 2012

Winter has come briefly back to north Texas.  Or what passed for winter this La Nina year.  It was 41 when I got up this morning and blustery and is supposed to rain off and on all weekend.  Of course tomorrow I'm having a cookout with bratwurst and potato salad and baked beans.  Sigh.

Recently another writer friend sent me a link to someone's blog (another writer also) who had figured out a way to up her word count production.  She went up from 2k a day (where I'm at now and only if it's a really good day) to 10k.  My friend Loreth tried it and she got up to 4,500. 

Basically, the other author said she figured out what she has to write before hand.  Each day when she sits down to write, she jots down on a pad of paper the scenes she will be writing and what she hopes to accomplish.    Here's the link to her blog post if you're interested.  http://thisblogisaploy.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-i-went-from-writing-2000-words-day.html

I am so going to try this.  I'll let you know how it works.

No comments: