Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saturday Musings

I had a nice Friday.  My daughter came and took me to lunch at Chili's and then we went to see Magic Mike.  You know, the stripper movie with Matthew McConaughey and Channing Tatum.   And while the eye candy was pleasing - was it ever! - the plot and acting was bad.  Very bad.  As in I contemplated leaving early bad. 

But we stayed until the end.   Got home by 4 and she went home.    Then later, Lonnie and I went to one of our favorite places to eat - BJ's Brewhouse.


As you can see, I ate healthy.  That is a Thai Chicken Mango Salad with avocado.  The dressing was a light vinagerette.  It was under 500 calories on their light menu.  (I also ate light for lunch).

Here's a close up of the delicious salad.



 Lonnie had a burger.  However, when he ordered the dessert, which is a wonderful berry crumble with vanilla ice cream, I couldn't help myself and so I ate some. 



All in all, it was a great Friday.  Now today, I'm back to the regular world.  Groceries and laundry etc. 

No comments: