Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's nearly August - the hottest part of the year here in North Texas.  The heat is oppressive; it sits on you, wrestling you into submission.  Lazy, fat, and perspiring, the Texas summer is my least favorite time of the year.  In August, even the pool is too warm.  I yearn for Northern climes - the soft mist of the Pacific Northwest, the oceans breezes of Maine's rocky coast.  The moutains, with snow still covering their peaks.  Ahhh. 

Actually, anywhere cooler than here.

I was reading last month's Romantic Times magazine and saw an announcement that Mermaids are the next big thing.  Really?  So last year when I turned in a proposal for a Harlequin Nocturne that had a mermaid as the heroine, and they said "Uh, no.  Mermaids never sell.", does that mean they were.... WRONG?

Ah well.  I've had that mermaid story knocking around my subconscious for years and I finally wrote it, but turned the mermaid into a Fairy. 

Meanwhile, I was watching mindless TV last night (Hell's Kitchen and Master Chef) when I realized what I needed to help bring the current WIP (an HRS) into focus.  So I'm going back and adding the pet.  Yes, a dog.  Much needed to help tell the story.

Gotta get to work.  Once I get back on track, I also need to start a little project on the side.

No comments: