Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yesterday, in 103 degree heat, my husband and I loaded and transported 2,590 pounds of paper (files in boxes) to the commercial shredder. They weigh it, that's how I know this. It took three trips and we started a little after 9am and didn't finish until around 3pm, though we did take a short break for lunch. We also transported another 1,100 pounds of files from the old office to the storage place. We have to keep at least three years worth of files - the new agent took the current year and the immediate prior year, so we have 2008 to 2009 still in storage as well as 2007 to 2008. I am still sore today. And tired. Did I mention tired?
On the plus side, we were able to jump in the pool afterward and cool off. We drank fresh lemonaide and swam. Then we dried off and went out to eat (and share a pitcher of beer). After that, we ran BACK to the office because someone came and bought the conference room table.

This morning someone else called and we're meeting them in an hour to see about some of the other desks and the photocopier and fax machines, etc. I really want everything gone. I just slashed the prices so it will go. Craigslist works wonders, I tell you.
Meanwhile, I'm catching up on email and thinking about taking some Advil. And drinking coffee by the bucket.
On writing news - I've put my ebook (previously published in print by Dorchester) on sale for 99 cents at both Barnes and Noble and Amazon. Check it out - http://tinyurl.com/3udfc2j

No comments: