Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday, June 17, 2011

More in the ongoing saga of shutting down an office that's been in the same location for 13 years...

This morning we got up and, having found a location that destroys computer hard-drives and then safely recycles computers and monitors, we hurried off to beat the heat. We went to both the storage unit and the office and loaded up 700 pounds of computers and monitors and hauled them to the facility in Euless.

At least yesterday we got a bit of a break. Sort of. We spent the day transferring items from our old desks at home to our new ones. I trashed three large trash bags of files. This took all day and I still had one more stack to do when I sat down this afternoon. We also had to meet someone at the office who wanted to buy all the chairs and some other assorted stuff. That was last night. So far we've sold the conference table and chairs, the receptionist desk and credenza and hutch, the break room kitchen table and chairs, and the double door fridge.

I have personal training today (what was I thinking, scheduling this?) with a new trainer because my old trainer quit. I really will miss him, but he got a good opportunity at another gym and I wish him the best of luck.

The heat wave still continues. I just want a break.

No comments: