Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Office - Thursday April 14, 2011

Yesterday I stayed home and wrote.  Not all day, as I would have liked, but from about 12:30 on.  I did some editing and wrote 1600 new words.  Not bad and I really enjoyed the day.

But, I've discovered that I don't like the room that I've designated as my "office" here at the house.  It's the smallest bedroom with a little, single window.  10 years ago I painted the walls a salmon color, but since then my husband moved his desk in here and took up half of the room, so my workspace is a tiny cube.  There is no natural light and the room is cluttered.  Granted, it's my stuff, but I need to do a major purge.  Either way, being in this room does not make me feel creative.

So....  one of the first things I will do once I am a full time writer, is change rooms.  I'm either going to move into my daughter's old bedroom or into the unused room downstairs that is a "formal living room".  It's furnished, but no one uses it and right now we have our bicycles in there.  The only downfall is that it's right by the den and if my husband is there watching TV, I won't be able to drown out the noise!  So that's why the other room upstairs is looking better.

Tonight is workout night and I'm looking forward to that.  I also have to go pick out new eyeglasses at some point.

Well, gotta get back to the book!

1 comment:

Regina Richards said...

Creating a new work space for yourself sounds like fun - a chore, but still fun. Make it wonderful!