Monday, April 11, 2011

Hope Springs Eternal - Monday, April 11, 2011

Finally, it feels like spring in North Texas.  Severe thunderstorms rumbled through our area last night, along with tornado watches and warnings.  It was enough to keep the weather radio going off every thirty minutes, which resulted in me and my husband not getting enough sleep.

Yawn.

But yesterday, despite having absolutely no success the last four years, we planted tomato plants.  Again.  (Note the standing water from the nearly 2 inches of rain we got in the storms!)


A nice pretty row of them.  Four or five different varieties, including cherry tomatoes.  Maybe this year, right?

I also planted a few begonias, in a token attempt to plant some flowers.  Normally, I plant a lot of flowers in both the front and the back, but this year, I just planted seven tiny plants around the water fountain.


This weekend I made my word goals, writing-wise.  I saw The Lincoln Lawyer which was very good (and had great eye-candy!).  I ate at Joe's Crab Shack (coconut shrimp, my fav!), got a massage, bought groceries, and bathed my Boxer.  Now he smells like Spring too!

All in all, a wonderful weekend.  Too bad it has to end.

No comments: