Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wednesday, December 7th, 2011

I have the attention span of a fiour month old puppy.  In other words, short.  Every day, I sit down to write and I periodically have to break up the words with something else - checking Facebook or playing Solitaire.  Or writing this blog.  Sigh. 

Sometimes I get up and pace - thinking about what comes next, since I'm not much of a plotter.  This book (The Wolf Prince) I'm working on now is going to be my longest Nocturne ever and I'm having a bit of a problem figuring out the pacing.  I'm used to shorter books, I guess.  On the plus side, I'm going into much more characterization.  On the down side, I'm not sure if I'm doing too much!  So far I have not only the hero and the heroine's point of view, but a secondary set of characters - the heroine's sister and the villain.  I haven't done that since I wrote the Fae books for Leisure.  It's fun and scary at the same time.

We writers are a neurotic lot.  Never sure if the words are right or the story is moving along at the correct pace.  I'm no different, but I guess I'll see once I get halfway through.  I should hit 40,000 words by the end of December, which is the halfway point. 

In the meantime, I'll just keep writing!

No comments: