Monday, December 26, 2011

Monday, December 26, 2011

It's the day after Christmas.  It's all over - the shopping, the wrapping, the gift-giving, the cooking, the eating - all of it with family and friends.  I supposed I'm a bit melancholy; I usually am the day after the big holiday.  But this year, I'm so exhausted I'm not sure there's room for anything else. 

I wanted to get back to work on the book today and I've tried - sort of.  No real desire or drive and as a result I've barely written 200 words. 

What I have done is cook eggs and bacon for lunch (right?), play with my new Kindle Fire, play with my puppy, surf the internet, play a LOT of games of solitaire on the computer, and long for sleep.  Tonight I'm warming up leftover ham and that's about it.  My husband went to the gym (he's dedicated!) and lazy slug that I am, I declined.  Too.  Tired.  Seriously.  I'm worn out.

So by tomorrow, I've got to get back on track.  But for the rest of this day-after-Christmas, I'm going to sit around and let myself rest.

No comments: