Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thursday, December 8, 2011

I've been doing a little internet Christmas shopping, but no baking yet.  I always bake at Christmas time - usually cookies, which I don't need, but that really helps me get into the holiday spirit.  These days there's so much going on - my mom's cancer, Chemo, and Radiation, my dad's hurried move to Texas and finding him a house, and my injured ankle with physical therapy and potential surgery, not to mention the requisite word count I must make every day on the book - that it's often difficult to get into the mood for a holiday.  The other day my husband put the radio on the Christmas station, you know the one, every single city has one radio station that plays non-stop Christmas music from Thanksgiving until Christmas Day.   That helped.  We were going shopping looking for a new Christmas inflatable.  Our old one died.  Here's the one we found (we actually got the display model at Wally World because everywhere was sold out).

 Kind of corny, yes?  But I love it.  (I also wanted to get a light up pink flamingo because it was full of the awesome and it would make my daughter have a fit, but I restrained myself.)

So our house is all decorated and there are a few gifts under the tree.  This year will be the first Christmas I've spent with my father in close to 30 years.  I am looking forward to it.  My brother has informed me that he is working on another celebration with my mom and we've already got a get together scheduled this weekend with my husband's family.  The Honey-baked Ham is ordered, as is the Tortuga Pineapple Rum cake (so good, we tried this while in the Cayman Islands this past summer - yummm!)

And so far my story people are cooperating.  I'm working out regularly.  My husband is really loving retirement and we're both healthy, and the puppy appears to finally have her digestive issues under control.

Blessings abound.  And holiday magic is sure to follow!

No comments: