Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

This time of the year is usually hectic and crazy and exhausting and exhilarating.  But this year, it's just plain busy.   My father and his wife and their dog arrived on Saturday and today their moving truck got here (actually their new house about a mile away).  Yesterday he had to buy a new refrigerator and washer and dryer.  His wife is infirm and I've been taking care of her - she's wheelchair bound and can't stand on her own.  Today I'm here with her while Lonnie is at the new house with dad helping direct the movers. 

Meanwhile, it's four days until Christmas.  Hard to believe - I've been so crazy busy that the holiday has occasionally completely slipped my mind.  That never happesn.  Ever.  Until this year.

So hug your family close and enjoy the holiday.  Somehow, in the middle of all this, I will manage to do this too.

If I don't make it back until next week, I know you'll understand.  Merry Christmas. 

No comments: