Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Today (yes, it's late on Sunday) was a very unusual Easter for me.  Usually I cook a ham and have the entire family over or we go to visit my husband's family and have a huge dinner with them.  This year, I am exhausted and couldn't handle it.  My mom is still sick and I really wanted to be at the lake camping, but didn't.  My brother and his wife were going to her parents house, and even though it's my dad's first Easter here with us, I told him I wasn't up to doing anything big.  He very kindly said he wanted to take us all out for Easter dinner and specified a very nice restaurant - he wanted me to make the reservations. 

I chose Reata in downtown Fort Worth.  I'd heard good things about it.


The decor was very western and very nice (that's my dad above with the cowboy hat on!)




The food was marvelous.  They also had $3 Mimosas or Bloody Marys.  We started out with scallops for an appertizer.  Yum.  My daughter and husband each had salads.  For the main course, my dad and my husband had steaks (Lonnie's was carne asada with cheese enchiladas, my dad's came with shrimp.  My daughter had a grilled cheese sandwich with four cheeses and bacon and fries.  I had Chilean sea bass.


It was yummm.  The green chili sauce was particularly marvelous.

Then for desert I had chocolate cake with drunken berries and my dad had a berry cobbler.  My husband was too stuffed for dessert, as was my daughter.

All in all, we had a wonderful Easter.  Family, good food, and western atmosphere!  Can't get much better than that, right?

No comments: