Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wednesday March 2, 2011

Today is one of those random days.  It's my daughter's birthday - and well do I remember this day oh-so-many years ago!  Happy Birthday, Steph!

In addition to looking forward to the not so distant future when I'll be writing full time, I've set a goal.  I *will* be at my target weight by May 1st.  No matter what I have to do - even give up beer (gasp!).  I've lost 5 pounds since my wonderful trainer came back to the gym (3 weeks) and this will continue.  I will turn fat into lean muscle, I will eat right, and will take care of my body.  Done deal.  I'm reading a book by Tosca Reno currently - she's over 50 and looks amazing.  It speaks to all of this - eating clean, working out, and having a new outlook on life.   I can't remember the title - it's downstairs on my Kindle and I don't feel like running down there and looking it up.  But it's good and motivating.  Kind of like one of those sales seminars I used to have to go to where the speaker gets you all pumped up so you can SELL, SELL, SELL!!!  Only this gets you pumped up to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!

I've also been having a lot of conversations in my head.  No, wait - don't go get the straight jacket.  Lot's of writers do this.  Character conversations, imaginary scenes and situations.  I've had entire dialogues internally while working out on cardio - that is a really good thinking time for me.  On one of the writer email loops that I'm on, several writers have developed a treadmill desk - where they write while walking VERY slowly (like 1.5 mph) and manage to log several miles this way.  I'm considering it - not to replace my existing workouts, but in addition to them.  I know I've always got to do the resistance training as well as cardio, and getting your heart rate up also burns calories. 

Finally, I've been brooding over Charlie Sheen.  My hubby is fascinated by this guy and I'm way past annoyed.  If I have to listen to one more crazy, delusional, egotistical rant, I may just explode.  Talk about calling bad Karma to oneself... 'Nuff said.

Off to write - I've been doing 1000 words a day, which is a comfortable pace for me.  I won't have any problem making my May 1st book deadline, which coincidentally coincides with my weight deadline!

No comments: