Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Time Flies

Wow, it's nearly been a week since I posted here.  I've had to do some revisions to the 40,000 words I had written on the new Pack book  and until I did them, I couldn't move forward with new material.  I finally completed those (took a week) and now I can go back to just writing.  Whew.

The weather here has been odd.  Hot (up to 87 one day) and cooler (down to 50 one morning), which I love.  Overcast a lot, but very little rain. 


I'm getting ready to go to the Novelists, Inc. (NINC) Conference next week in White Plains, NY.  I did a little shopping with my daughter last Saturday - we had so much fun!  We met for lunch at Pei Wei, then went to a wine tasting at World Market (yes, I bought far too many bottles of wine), and then we headed to Southlake Town Center.  She bought a new Coach purse at the Coach store. I'm so envious - it's beautiful, soft butterly leather in an Oxblood color.  We went to Loft and I got a shirt for the conference (on the clearance rack - 40% off the sale price, even!).  And finally, I made a trip to Victoria's Secret, where I used several coupons and rewards.  Great way to spend a few hours on a Saturday!

So now I'm recharged and rejuvinated and ready to write. 

Speaking of writing - a shout out to my best friend Anna Adams, who recently made an amazing writing goal by sheer force of will (and sleepless nights!)  I'm so proud of her!

Oh, and the sequel to The Passage by Justin Cronin - The Twelve - came out today and hit my Kindle (I had preordered it!)  Since I just finished re-reading The Passage, I'm ready to dive right into that book.  I can't wait!  I know what I'll be reading on the plane!

1 comment:

Anna Adams said...

Awwwww! Thanks, you! Finishing seemed so impossible, I might have given up if not for your excellent advice! So--thanks for that, too!

I'm envying your trip to Ninc. Can't wait to hear how it goes, and I hope you have a magnificent time! My girl and I were just talking about Southlake the other day, cause I told her you and your girl were going shopping, and I thought you'd be going there. Love that place! (And miss you!)