Thursday, June 7, 2012

Too Much To Do

Sorry, I haven't posted in awhile - I sort of freaked myself out with my list of deadlines.  So I've put my head down and have been working, working working.  I have under 100 pages left to write on the first draft of my next HRS, tentatively titled The Millionaire Cowboy's Secret.  I've come up with a premise for my Nocturne On-line Read and need to whip up a short synopsis for that.  I answered questions from the Copy Editor for my October Nocturne The Wolf Princess.

And then today AA's came.   Sometimes known as Galleys, these are the book proofs, printed out exactly as they will appear in the published book.  This is the author's last chance to read them over, check for typos etc., and make corrections.  They'd due back next week, so I've now stopped everything to work on them. 

My husband felt so bad for me between the depression, family issues, and work load, that he bought me a one hour massage Groupon.  Yay him!  Today he also took me out for lunch and a little retail therapy - a quick shopping trip inside Kohl's (my dad had given me a gift card for my birthday AND I had a 30 percent off coupon).  You can't beat that!  And all of it done on a lunch break!

Now I'm back to work on the AA's, drinking some freshly brewed peach tea.  It's drizzly and gray outside, which is perfect for writing.  I'm hoping to get through the AA's fairly quickly so I can get back to work. 

Wish me luck!

No comments: