Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hi.  Me again.  Sorry I've been MIA.  I've been sort of busy - planning a wake and a buriel, helping my father with various legal and medical issues.  I've taken him to the eye doctor and gotten new glasses ordered, and am waiting on the new Texas insurance card to get him in for a physical.  I've also taken my dog to the vet and kept attending physical therapy for my ankle. 

I'm a bit frustrated there.  I do what I'm supposed to.  I diligently do the exercises, wear the brace, and take care not to put too much stress on the ankle.  Yet - and this has been since June that I hurt it and October since I started wearing the boot cast - I still have a lot of pain and occasional swelling.  At physical therapy, every time they try to advance me to the next set of exercises, the pain stops it cold.  My therapist doesn't want me working through the pain - he says that will do too much damage.  So I'm supposed to stop when it hurts.  End result, while I'm a tiny bit better than I was when I started, not enough to justify the cost (over 1k so far).  I see my podiatrist on Jan 24th and will discuss options with him.  I'm still not sold on the surgical implant he wants to do in my foot. 

My husband is still having eye issues - his glaucoma is bad in one eye and it looks like he's going to have to do the surgery.  He had one kind of laser surgery on that eye, tried all kinds of drops and medications, but the pressure is still 40 and there are days when he's in a lot of pain. 

In between all this, I've been working on the massive revisions for my next HRS.  They are truly awesome and make the story a hundred times stronger, but they are time consuming and incredibly detailed, requiring one hundred percent of my writing time.  All writing has virtually stopped on the Nocturne which is due March 1st.  Ah well, looks like I'll be writing my arse off on that come February. 

Today it's sunny and supposed to be warm before a cold front blows in tomorrow.  Quite a far cry from last years snow and ice. 

No comments: