Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

So, in my quest to stop gaining weight (and hopefully begin losing weight), I've been writing down all my calories.  It's always surprising how things add up. 

In the interest of healty, low-calorie eating, here's what I made for lunch yesterday.  With the fat-free dressing (measured out in tablespoons), it was as follows:  Lettuce - 0, tomato, carrots, mushrooms - 40, half a can of salmon - 60, sprinkle of feta cheese - 40, dressing - 30.  Total calories - 130.  Plus, it's packed with protein and Omega 3!


For breakfast, I cut my portion size in half.  I cooked a quarter of a cup of oatmeal with one mashed banana and added cinnamon and half a cup of soy milk.  Total calories - 215.  Very filling. 

And I had Greek Oatmeal for a snack.  At 120 calories, it has 11 grams of protein. 

For my afternoon snack, I'll have protein powder with water after I work out.  140 calories.

So my pre dinner calorie count is at a nice 605. 

I'm trying to keep my intake at around 1200-1300 calories.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments: