Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 30, 2011 Wednesday

I am attending a writing conference this weekend.  I'm really looking forward to it for a lot of reasons.  My agent will be in town and is taking all of her authors to dinner (there are several in the area.)  Allison Brennan, a NYT Bestselling suspense author and someone I know online fron Ninc (Novelists, Inc.) is speaking.  Several of the workshops sound fascinating.  And I'm staying at the hotel, by myself, so I can really be part of the conference. 

Friday night is a booksigning.  I chose not to sign since my last book was out in January and my next isn't until June.  But that means I get to walk around the booksigning and talk to other authors and buy some cool books.  Though honestly, my TBR stack is huge - both on my Kindle and on my bookcase!

I made my word count yesterday, actually got 1100 words, but I'm getting down to the last four chapters and I need to do some re-plotting before I start wrapping everyhting up. 

I also had a fabulous workout last night at the gym.  Have I mentioned how much I love my trainer ?

In a few minutes, I 've got to shut things down and head into the day job.  I'm so tired of that job - I'm ready, ready, ready, to put on my full time writer's hat.  And, since I gave notice a month ago and my last day is supposed to be April 29th, I've only got one more month to slog through.

TTYL!

No comments: