Friday, March 25, 2011

Frinally Friday - March 25, 2011

It's Friday, the sun is shining, and I'm in a great mood. 

SPOILER ALERT - if you DVR American Idol and haven't watched it yet, read no further.

American Idol last night was fantastic - without a doubt, the best results show I've ever seen, and I've been watching the show for the full 10 years.  Stevie Wonder made a surprise appearance, the cast celebrated Steven Tyler's 63rd birthday, Jennifer Hudson sang and brought me to tears, my perennial fav Sugarland sang, and the judges believed in Casey Abrams so much, they saved him.  Without putting him through the often humilating "sing for your life" thing.  They stopped him mid-song and Randy told him "We know who you are.  We know your talent.  You're staying."

He cried.  I cried.  And then J-Lo told him to make sure and quit the fancy jumping around and get back to the music.  Steven Tyler told him to listen to J-Lo.  I hope he does, because he is one talented boy. 

On the writing front, I made my word count again yesterday.  I'm on Chapter 11 now, I believe.  The story is going well, and I still like it a lot.

On the exercise front, my trainer called me and said he was 'sick' and was going home.  (I later learned that a bunch of the trainers and the manager had gone out drinking the night before to celebrate one of their birthdays).  I didn't mind, cuz I love my trainer and all, but I went to the gym and made my own workout.  I worked my butt off!! Yes, I did.

Skip this part if your eyes glaze over at exercise talk.  After my 10 minute elliptical warm up, I first went to the three leg machines.  I did 3 supersets, with 15 reps of each.  After that, I went and did crunches (15) on the slanted board, arm pulls (40 lbs), and bench dips.  3 supersets, 15 reps.  Then I did 15 squats on the upside down bosu ball, holding 12.5 lb weights, then 15 hammer curls, and 15 shoulder presses.  Again 3 supersets.  Finally, I kicked off the half-hour with 10 on the ab machine (where you swing your legs up - not sure what it's called), 3 times.  Of course I did my 20 minute cardio following, with 10 on the treadmill and 10 on the recumbant bike.

I'm sore this morning, but elated.  I had a great workout - on my own.  Of course, I'll be back with my trainer on Tuesday, but it's good to know I can do this too!

No comments: