Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3, 2011 ~ Monday

I love to cook.  And, while I don't make New Year resolutions anymore, I have resolved to try to cook more and eat less processed food.  Healthier, you know?  And really, as long as I control my portions, weight loss will continue.

This weekend - on New Year's Day I made prime rib, Hoppin' John (blackeyed peas with onions and celery and red pepper, and garlic), rice, and spinach.  I did not make dessert - memories of the bread pudding from Christmas will have to tide me over.

Yesterday, I made chili.  I used a pound of ground turkey and a pound of ground beef.  Red beans, pinto beans, onion, and green pepper.  Ro-tel tomatoes and of course, tomato sauce.  Chili powder and cumin.   It was delish!  And, even after sending a good-sized Tupperware bowl home with my daughter, we will be eating it for a couple of days.

Best of all - I lost 3 pounds since last Monday.  Monday is weigh day, the day I write down my weight.  Portion control and the fact that I kept super busy taking down the Christmas decorations might have had something to do with it.  Oh, and I worked out 4 days last week - still not the 5 I'm aiming for, but still pretty good. 

So I'm starting off a new year right.  Yay!

No comments: