Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Random Tuesday

Wow, time goes by so fast.  We've had a lot going on at my house with my husband's health issues, but I'm thinking those are getting straightened out and hopefully soon our lives will return to normal.

Today I'm just going to post ten random thoughts.

One.  I got a Sodastream maker for Christmas and to my surprise, I love the thing.  I bought a couple of extra bottles for it and adore making whatever flavor of soda (diet) I happen to want.  Love it, love it, love it.

Two.  I got a new title for my September Nocturne.  My working title was The Broken Wolf.  The actual title is going to be Heart of A Wolf.  Nice, huh?

Three.  You've seen the cover art for both my April and May books here.  Both covers are men only.  I'm really happy with both of them.

Four.  I'm working on an as yet untitled Harlequin Romantic Suspense.  This book is going really well.  I love when that happens.  The words just flow and I don't over analyze.  I just write.  I can go back and fix later.

Five.  I was in the middle of filling out an application with Legacy Boxer Rescue to foster Boxers when my husband got sick.  Looks like I'm going to have to put that off until things normalize again.

Six.  I miss the lake lot and camping.  We went there on Saturday to put the Purple Martin house up and trim our trees up.  We didn't camp as we've winterized the trailer, but it sure made me miss it.  So peaceful.  So quiet. 

Seven.  Valentine's Day is nearly here.  Wow.  Where did the time go?  Looks like Lonnie and I will be going out to dinner.

Eight.  I suck at motivating myself to exercise.  Sure, I'll walk.  No problemo.  But without a personal trainer (which I can no longer afford) to motivate me, I can't seem to force myself to pick up weights.  And I don't want to go to the gym.  I really wanted to try Cross Fit because you show up, there's a set routine, you have trainers watching and correcting your form, and you're actually competing against others.  (I'm very competitive).  But that's expensive too and I can't really justify $130 a month right now.  But I'm sure curious to see if it would be a good fit.  What I'm thinking of doing now are DVD's.  I have a couple sitting around and I might try them.  We'll see.  Sadly, I'm very, very lazy. But I need to at least try.  I want/need to lose that 20 pounds.  Sigh.

Nine.  I have two more Rita books to judge.  Two.  They're books I would never in a million years normally read, but I'm going to be open-minded and judge them on the story, the writing, and the romance, like the score sheet says.  Starting one today. 

And Ten.  I got my W-9's from everywhere except Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.  I didn't do too badly, income wise.  Oh sure, it's a third of what I made when I ran the insurance agency.  And yes, I can't do fabulous vacations or awesome home improvements like the granite counters I did a few years ago.  But we're ok cash wise, at least so far, and I sure love life a lot more.  I have to watch my natural inclination to become a hermit, and make myself get out there and interact with other people, but I sure love my life as a full time writer.

No comments: