Friday, February 22, 2013

Chilly Friday

We had rain, we had wind.  Yesterday, we had sun and the temperature creeped up to the 70's.  Then last night, a cold front blew in.  When I got up, it was 30 outside.  Brrrr. (Hey, cut me some slack, I live in the South.  We're not used to cold!) 

I still did my morning walking, bundled up in my ski parka and gloves.  I used to live in New York and Colorado and used to have horses and remember riding in temperatures much more chilly than this.  But these days, I've lived in the furnace of Texas for so long, my thin blood is a bit more resistant to cold.

Anyway....  all of that rambling made me think about tea.  Hot tea.  Which I love.  I have a pantry full - the picture below doesn't do it justice, as I have even more loose tea than is shown in this picture.  Teavana in the mall could become my favorite store if I could afford it.  They have some amazing and exotic (and expensive) tea. 


I love drinking hot tea when it's cold outside.  I love drinking hot tea period.  I have tea bags and loose tea.  All flavors, all kinds.  And while I have to have my coffee first thing in the morning, tea is perfect for writing.

I'm chugging away on this October book, which has now been titled Texas Secrets, Lovers' Lies.  So far (knocking on wood) it has been a fun book to write, which if you're a writer, you know isn't always the case.  I'm happy with it so far and liking the characters.  I'm just about at the halfway point.

Speaking of which, I'd better get back to it.  Happy Friday!

No comments: