Tuesday, February 12, 2013

More Random Tuesday

Once again, a week slipped by me.  It's been another crazy week of doctor's appointments and other assorted oddities.  We had a storm come through on Saturday night/Sunday morning.  On Sunday we were getting ready to go to church (yet another new one, trying to find the one where we fit in), and we got a call that there had been storm damage at our lake lot.   You know the place.  Our summer retreat.

So of course we abandoned church and headed down to Richland Chambers Lake.  It takes 90 minutes to 2 hours.  We got there and saw that the neighbor's metal boat cover/awning/carport had been picked up by the wind. It crushed our fence, took out out beautiful light post, and cratered our pontoon boat. It also dented our storage building.


 
 
 
Crazy, right?  I'm glad we weren't down there.    Progressive has already had someone out to look at the boat (that's FAST!) and we're dealing with the neighbor's awning installer to try and get the rest of it fixed.  We need to get the awning removed too.
 
Other than that, on the writing front I learned that my April release The Wolf Prince got 4.5 stars from Romantic Times Magazine.  And I learned that I will have four books out this year (yay!) since Harlequin Romantic Suspense decided to schedule the book I'm working on in October.
 
My husband is working on getting better.  We've still been making the round of doctor appointments, but his health seems to be improving.  Today is my mother's chemotherapy, which always leaves her exhausted.   
 
And Thursday is Valentine's Day, which means chocolates and dinner out for us.   

No comments: