Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

So I started a new book yesterday.  Sort of. Beginnings are tricky for me.  I don't like them.  I don't yet know the characters.  I know the story and their background because I've done a detailed synopsis.  I know the scene where the story has to start.  It's those dang first words. 

There are so many possibilities!  Like a raccoon with a bunch of bright and shiny objects dangling from the trees, I go here and there and over there and try to snatch them all up. 

Yesterday I wrote four beginning paragraphs.  All different.  I'm not sure I like any of them.  I'll probably delete them and start over. 

This is my nemesis.  I literally have to force myself to just write.  Tell myself I can always go back and tweak the beginning.  Go forward.  Which I'm doing today.

Wish me luck.

No comments: