Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mid-week Ramble

This morning in addition to checking my Amazon.com sales numbers, I logged in to Bookscan.  And yes, I was thrilled to see my Harlequin Romantic Suspense, The Cop's Missing Child, had made the top 100 of Adult Fiction Overall Romance!  Number 94, to be exact!

Very cool news and a much needed shot in the arm after all the drama and craziness with the book I just turned in yesterday. 

Especially since I have to immediately start work on my next Harlequin Nocturne The Broken Wolf.
I love the story and the synopsis has been approved, but what I really want to do is take the rest of this week off.    I'd like to sit down with a book and let another author's words carry me away.

I'm reading two different books right now - the #1 NYT Bestseller Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (which is ok), and the amazing YA book AngelFall by Susan Ee.  That book is one of those books that, the entire time I'm reading it, I'm wishing I'd been the one to write it!  If you're a writer, you know what I mean!  It is good - so good.  It's really strange, but I have been finding the most groundbreaking, different, and well-written books in Young Adult these days.  So many amazing finds!

So that's what I wish I could do.  Sit down and read. 

Instead, I'm going to be writing down scenes I need to write for The Broken Wolf.  Then I plan to start using Candace Haven's Fast Draft method and see how much I can get done.

Because as I've mentioned before in this little blog, I do have an idea for my own YA.

No comments: