Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday, September

As September (and hopefully the unbearable heat) winds down, I find myself settling into this new writer's life and loving it.  Sure, sometimes I feel a bit isolated and occasionally I long to go shopping, but days like today make me truly appreciate it.

I've been writing while listening to Lady Antebellum's new album.  Romantic, sweeping music.  Great for writing romantic fiction.  My puppy is currently sleeping near my desk.  The words have actually been flowing.  I don't know if they're good or not - I refuse to edit until I'm done with the book.  I'm happy.  Seriously contented.

Today is supposed to be the last truly hot day for awhile.  After today's high near or at 100 degrees, it's supposed to be in the 80's.  I'm hoping soon we'll have this (taken last year). 



Meanwhile, I'll keep working on my book.  When I start missing being around people (and need to exercise), I'll stop and head out to the gym.  And I'll be dreaming of fall.

No comments: