Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Saturday night, my daughter and I did Painting with a Twist again in Grapevine, TX. That's me in the front row, second from the right. My daughter is directly behind me, slightly left. Painting with a Twist, for those of you who don't know, is a unique concept. Attendees view the proposed pictures online and select the class that's painting the one you like. You register online and when you arrive on your scheduled day, a station is set up with the canvas, paint and brushes all ready for each attendee. The instructor takes you step by step through the process to create the painting. Each person can add their own individual flair, as you can see. The kicker is - every time the teacher rings a bell, you have to take a drink of whatever alcoholic beverage you brought with you. Most people bring a bottle of wine (and a designated driver). Last Saturday night, people brought wine and beer and coolers and I think I even spotted someone making screwdrivers with OJ and vodka! It's fun and relaxing and a nice way to spend a few hours. I thoroughly enjoyed myself (and was glad my daughter drove!)

Today we visited my mom for several hours. I brought her a computer leftover from our business (and a flatscreen monitor). We hooked it up for her and in return, she fed us spaghetti and salad for lunch. Very fun and relaxing.

Now I'm home and I've talked my husband into postponing the garage sale. Quite simply, there is way too much stuff and not enough time to get it ready for this Friday. Especially since I have a hair appt on Thursday, plus the dogs have to go to the groomers, plus he has a dentist appt on Thursday - it goes on and on. We go to Biloxi this weekend also and it would be a mad rush to wrap up the garage sale and get ready to go. The only downside is that we have to live with all the junk for a few more weeks. But we will survive. And who knows, maybe the heat wave will break by then! One can only hope, right?

No comments: