Monday, October 28, 2013

Two

I had two books going at once.  This was for my next contracted Harlequin Romantic Suspense.  I turned in a synopsis and started working on the story.  But another story kept tugging at me. Like I'd see scenes from this story while trying to work on the first one.

So I did what I've never done in 38 published books.  I emailed my editor and asked her if she'd be ok with me writing a different story.  I offered to send her a synopsis.  She emailed back and said no worries.  While she'd liked the synopsis I'd sent in, I should work on whatever story called to me.  She was sure it would turn out fine.

Wow.  Such an amazing leap of faith there.

I'm happily working on my new story and finding it cathartic.   It's different from anything I've done before.

This past weekend was Pet Fair for Legacy Boxer Rescue.  That's where prospective adopters can come out and meet some of our available Boxers.  It was busy and crowded and fun.  I even saw the family that I'm working with as an Adoption Counselor.  They'd come to check out some of the dogs.

Afterwards, we had a "Yappy Hour" at Red Robin.  20% of the proceeds went to Legacy.  I had a turkey burger and a couple of beers - all for a good cause.   It was a lot of fun.

Saturday night it stormed - wind and rain and hail in some areas.  Sunday dawned gray and chilly - my favorite kind of staying in day.  I made meatloaf and watched football - Dallas lost their game, and Denver won theirs.  It was a really nice day.  I'm still sick, but it was good to veg in a recliner in front of the TV.

Now here it's Monday.  I'm working again.  Still happy from the weekend.  And still working on two books.


No comments: