Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Bluster

It's a dark, blustery Wednesday.  There are huge storms to the south east of us, and we're supposed to get severe weather later in the day.  Bring it on, I say!  This is my favorite kind of writing weather - well, next to a good snowstorm.

Right now, I'm pretty happy.  Despite still fighting off this "allergies gone bad" as my doctor called them.  I'm in my office surrounded by my dogs.  My oldest Boxer Macadoo is dealing with day two of a bad case of hives - an allergic reaction the pollen, the Vet says.  We need a freeze (and I wouldn't mind a bit of snow.)
He's finally sleeping a bit after being up all night (and the night before - I'm slap-happy from lack of sleep.) I'm working on two books (I know, right?) and looking forward to Vegas.  This is made even better as I was able to arrange a dog sitter to come stay at the house (for a fee, of course) with my personal dogs and my two fosters are staying with other Legacy volunteers.  I'll miss them all, of course, but it will be so nice to have a few days dog free.  And I get to read on the flight!  Can't ask for much more than that.

I haven't been exercising much due to the horrible cough and general sickness, so I'm looking forward to feeling well enough to at least walk again.  The good thing about being ill is that my appetite has been non-existent, so I've lost a few pounds.  Yay!

Anyway, I wish I had a nice pot of white chicken chili in the crockpot.  I don't, because I didn't plan ahead. Oh well.  I'll figure something out.

Back to my fabulous job.  I've got a book or two to write!

No comments: