Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Thinking About A Vacation

So it's late September, nearly October.  Yesterday the temperature reached 97 degrees.  Yep.  You heard that right.  Meanwhile, my friends on the east coast are talking about highs in the 60's and 70's.  I WANT THAT WEATHER. 
 
There.  Got that out of my system.  I know it's coming - we usually start cooling down in October.  I just need to be patient.    Ah, but it's soooo difficult.  At heart, I'm still an upstate New York kind of girl who always adored autumn. 
 
Next month I'm am traveling to New York for the Novelists, Inc. conference.  So I'll get some of that weather, hopefully. 
 
And then... and then in November, it's Lonnie and my 25th Wedding Anniversary.  We've decided to take a short trip - Vegas or an All-Inclusive tropical thing, or even another cruise (though probably not for 7 days like before as we have to board the dogs.)  We haven't been to Vegas in a few years, but honestly if I had my druthers I'd pick somewhere like Chicago to explore and eat, or California.  Still, I'm looking at Mexico or Jamaica or something - just a chance to get away and hang out with my hubby and celebrate a quarter of a century together.
 
 
Below Pic is Biloxi, MS - we went July 2011.
 


No comments: