Thursday, September 27, 2012

Retail Therapy

What a nice Thursday!  I'm in such a good mood, despite the unrelenting heat (still in the 90's folks!)

As I mentioned before, I have a writer's conference in late October.  Since I can't wear high heels anymore due to my tendonitus, I took a couple of pairs of my dress slacks over to the tailor to get altered.  Then, while I was out, I stopped at Ross and bought a pair of jeans, a black skirt, and a top.  I also went in and checked out Clothes Mentor, the new used clothing store that just recently opened next door to my gym.  I bought a necklace there and looked at a bunch of clothes.  The store was packed!

Then I came home to a sparkling clean house.  No, my husband didn't clean it - though he did mow the lawn.  This was the day the cleaning people come, so they'd put in their two hours (two ladies) and my house is spotless. 

I made lunch, and now am catching up on stuff as I prepare to write.  I've been consistently hitting my 2,000 word a day goal (roughly ten or eleven pages), so I'm on track.  I've also marked a straight week of 10,000 plus steps EVERY SINGLE DAY!!  Yay me.  No backsliding on that  - if I'm not there at bedtime, I go for a walk until I am there.

In other news, for the first time ever, one of my self-published books has sold over 1,000 copies in one month on Amazon!  This is one of my old Precious Gems books, Want You Back.  Another old Precious Gems book, Desert Fire, is gaining with close to 700 copies sold, but the month ends in 3 days, so I don't know if it will make it.  Pretty exciting to me!  This will make for some nice royalty checks.  I'm thinking of doing another promotional push in October, so we'll see how that goes.




Anyway, I do have a Nocturne to write.  Better get to it.

No comments: