Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday, October 11, 2011


Yesterday I took a break and went to the  State Fair of Texas.  Hubby and I haven't been in YEARS and my daughter had the day off from work (plus teachers get free tickets), so we went.


It was crowded, but there were ample lots for parking.    Like all fairs everywhere, there was food.  I ate weird food that I would never in a million years eat anywhere else.


Chicken on a stick and sausage on a stick.  I had chicken, my husband had sausage.
My daughter had a frito pie.


We saw a HUGE turkey in a cage.


Lots of treats (I meant to go back and buy a loaf of that awesome blueberry bread!)  We ate some more.  (Giant Corny dogs!)

YUM!


Flying flags (Did you know that Texas is the only state in the US that is legally allowed to fly the state flag at the same height as the American flag?

I got to sit in an awesome Camaro convertible.  I'd so buy this car in a heartbeat if I had a massive garage and could afford to own like six different cars! Love the orange color.


There were sculptures and exhibits and it was a huge fair.

Here's Big Tex!
(The light was bad from the front, so I took one from the back too.  A kid came up to me and wanted to know why I was taking a picture of Big Tex's butt!)


We didn't ride any rides because of the long lines and the fact that I have a puppy at home who can't be left alone too long.  (With the drive and just walking around we were gone 5 hours!)  Here's our huge ferris wheel.

Though we all really wanted to ride the swings! 

We also saw a trick dogs show.  It was called Jump and it had dogs catching frisbees and dock diving dogs.  This is their set up (the dog pictures didn't turn out too well, sadly).


All in all, it was a fun day.  We will have to try and go more often - maybe once every few years instead of  letting fifteen or so go by.

No comments: