Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday, October 24, 2011

With all the hospital/mom issues, plus having a book due November 1st (nearly there!), I'm sorry I haven't been here much.  Things will soon improve (hopefully).

Meanwhile, weather-wise, we've been having a bit of a fall.  The tomato plants that wilted in the heat are full of tomatoes which are growing larger by the day.  If they ripen before we have a freeze, I'll actually get some tomatoes this year! 

My mum is flowering too.


It's really nice to have this bit of nature.  This is my favorite time of the year, not counting the occasional random 90 degree day here and there (we're supposed to have one today or tomorrow).   This morning I woke to a wet fog and at 9:30 am it still lingers.  Later I will have to make a trip to visit my mother - she's having another surgery this morning, but for now I'm allowing myself to wallow in the chilly, damp air.

No comments: