Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday, October 13, 2011

I'm nearly finished writing the first draft of my new Harlequin Romantic Suspense "The Cop's Missing Baby."  I should hit 50,000 words today and I have to end up somewhere between 55,000 and 60,000.  I'm on the next to last chapter, alternating between writing the black moment and some of the resolution.  I often do this when I'm writing, switch scenes, switch point of view characters, just to keep things interesting.  And sometimes random scenes occur to me and I've got to get them down before they vanish. 

Often it takes a moment of great personal crisis to make us appreciate our life.  Of late, I've been happy and content and full of thankfulness, but now I've actually fully realized how much take for granted.  You see, on Tuesday afternoon, my mother was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. 

Our entire family is reeling.   She is having more tests done on Friday and we will know more then.  Until then - and even after then - please include her in your prayers.

No comments: