Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday, June 27, 2011

It's Monday, starting off a week of promised triple digit heat. Almost every writer I know is traveling to NYC for the annual Romance Writers of American annual conference. I'd planned to go. Swore, after missing 2009 and 2010, that I wouldn't miss this one. I have buddies I only get to see once a year. My agent will be there, my editor, the senior editors for both of the lines I write for. My publisher, Harlequin Enterprises, has leaked info saying there will be major news and word has it that there will be consolidation of many lines. Hmmmm. Interesting to me, since I currently write for two of them.

I'm so bummed that I couldn't go. BUT - I used the money I'd saved for the conference to book a cruise for Lonnie and I. We're going to Jamaica, Grand Caymen, and Cozumel, baby! So I can use that to console myself.

Still... The day job is over and now I'm wondering if I'll still have two lines to write for. Of course my awesome agent will do her best to make sure I'm taken care of, but I really need to start working on that single title. Like now. This is the last week of cleaning out the office - we sold two more desks last night. There is only one left and the copier. We have a few boxes to haul out of there, clean the place up, and we're done. The electricity will be shut off on Friday.
Then it's over.

I told my husband that I'm going back to work. So I am. And keeping my fingers crossed that whatever is going down in NYC this week won't mess with my income. Gulp.

No comments: