Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday's were always my favorite day of the week when I worked the day job. Lonnie and I always ate lunch together at the office, usually some fast food like Subway or something. That alone made the day different.

So it's Friday and the first one since we sold the insurance agency. Lonnie is there right now with the guy that bought our phone system - they are taking it down and unhooking it or something.

We are going to the lake - first time EVER that we get to leave here mid-day rather than like 4pm. The house painter is working on our house and will be here all through the weekend.


And it's eleven and I haven't even packed yet. Yikes. I have checked my email, requested web site updates, talked via email to my agent several times, visited some online forums that I'm a member of (and posted), and read my regular morning blogroll. The last thing on my to-do list before I pack is this blog.

Yesterday I finished the two synopsis's (finally!) and sent them to my agent. My editor is currently reading the book I turned in on May 1st and hopefully will soon give approval for the Delivery and Acceptance check to be cut. Once she does this, my agent will present the two synopsis's so I can go back under contract. Being without a contract is like being unemployed. Ok, it is being unemployed. OMG, I'm unemployed!!!

Just kidding, I'm not really freaking out. I'm actually kind of calm today. I love the lake and am glad to be getting to go there. I guess I'd better go pack.


No comments: