Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday April 23, 2011

I did it.  I found a tattoo design that meant something to me.  A baby dragon in a field of flowers.  Since I'm in a major turning point in my life, giving up the nice paycheck from the day job to become a full time writer, the dragon represents whimsy, my muse, and possibilities.  It reminds me that there is magic waiting out there for me to tap into it!

Here's a pic taken right after the tattoo artist finished.


I was slightly scared, worried about how badly it would hurt.  After work, my husband and I stopped by the tattoo parlor and talked to the artist.  I told him what I wanted, showed him picture, and he said that we should go eat and come back.  He said not to get drunk, but I could have a couple of drinks if I wanted.  So we went to Applebees, ate, and I had two margaritas.  Then we went back.

I was pleasantly surprised.  It hurt, yes.  But not the level of pain I expected.  All in all, it took about two hours.  We chatted the entire time (and I held my husband's hand).  after we left, my shoulder began throbbing and it hurt off and on all night.  I've been washing it and putting the lotion on and I took Aleve, but it still aches.  Ah well, at least the swelling has gone down.  In a few days I'm hoping I won't even feel it.

But I did it!  And I love the design and the colors. 


No comments: