Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday August 5, 2010

It's almost here, quietly lurking around the corner. Friday, my favorite of all the workdays, not only because it's the end of the week, but because we eat lunch out.
Back before the economy went south, my husband and I would go out to eat a nice lunch, letting the employees handle the office for an hour. These days, it's fast food, eaten in the break room. But still, we eat together. For that reason alone, I love it.

All week long I've been suffering pangs of jealously. The RWA National Conference ended Sunday and everyone is back home and posting pics on Facebook and their blogs. I didn't think I would mind not going as much as I actually do! I'll get over it eventually, but next year (NYC), I am so there. No matter what!

Life and the day job have all been crazy, but I got my line edits done and back to my editor. I'm back to working, albeit easing slowly into writing again. But the story is taking shape nicely and I've been reading my friend Cindy Dee's Silhouette Romantic Suspense - she won a Rita for it - The Soldier's Secret Daughter. Awesome book - it reminds me of why I love writing for SRS. Pick it up on Amazon if you can. It's worth the price and the hero is my favorite type - wounded.

Here is today's random photo: My kayak on the lake!

No comments: