Wednesday, August 18, 2010

8-18-10

I think I might have been visited by a ghost.

The weirdest thing happened on Saturday. Saturday was my husband's birthday and he was kind of bummed because no one in his family bothered to call and wish him happy birthday (mine did, but not his). We were sitting outside by the pool in the dead still hot air, and the backyard swing starts swinging. Not just swinging, but the kind of jerky swing a little kid would make who is trying to swing it with too short legs and not enough strength.

Immediately, I told him his mother (she died in 1994 at the age of 95) was here to wish him happy birthday. Ok, first I walked up there and stood and stared at the swing, looking to see if there was some other, rational reason it was moving. It kept doing that for maybe 20 minutes, then just stopped. Lonnie finally went and sat in the swing - even though he kind of looked at me like I was crazy for saying it was a ghost, he couldn't find any other explanation either.

I really think his mom might have paid us a visit.

The swing in the backyard (not swinging - I didn't think to run and get my camera)

No comments: