Friday, December 21, 2012

The End of the World

So the big Mayan calendar thing is over.  Not that many people really believed in it anyway, though it was the fodder for one really stupid movie and a lot of Facebook and Twitter trash talk.  The world was supposed to end at midnight last night or something - I didn't pay all that much attention to it.

So... now we inch toward Christmas.  The big holiday.  Lots of food and family and presents and fun.  For me, everything is bought.  Everything is wrapped - except two items that I'm waiting to show up via UPS.  Yesterday I made oatmeal, chocolate chip, and molasses cookies.  And had a long lunch at an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet.  Not good for my waist, but so much fun.  I'm enjoying these few days off - five now, if I don't work today.  Wow! 

I do need to get to work on my Romantic Suspense proposal, I know.  But I just finished a very intense book and my creative well could use a bit of refilling. 

Speaking of books...   Yesterday I received the cover for my April 2013 Harlequin Nocturne The Wolf Prince.  I had told the art department I wanted someone who looked like Robert Downey, Jr.  They nailed it, except for the hair.  This is, hands down, my most favorite cover ever. 


And it inspires me.  Helps fill the well.  And makes me want to write again.  Love it!

No comments: