Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday, August 1, 2011

August.  Wow.  As we move into what is always the hottest month here in Texas, and I look at the weather  Forecast, (108, 110, 110, 110, 109, 109, 108) for this coming week, I'm filled with dread.  Those are actual temperatures folks, not heat indexes.  We are under some kind of severe heat alert here, because with the heat indexes of 115, it's well... severe.

And there is a roofing crew on top of my two story house right now, tearing off my old roof.

Note of things to be thankful for - that I'm not a roofer.  Or that I don't work in any kind of outside job. 

What's really weird is this past winter, we had the coldest winter here in 15 years.  Now they're saying we're having the hottest summer in 10 years.  What gives?  Global warming?  Either way, I'm ready to move North.  Far North.  Like Alaska.  If I could get my husband to go with me, that is.  Ain't happening.  Sigh.

So I'll lurk in the house except for when I go to the gym.  Drink iced tea and iced coffee and eat cool, crisp salads for lunch.  And long for fall.  Or what passes for fall here.  Which won't be until early October. 

Arrrrgh. 




























Sunny

108 83 Sunny





Sunny

107 83

No comments: