Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday, August 26, 2011

Cozumel.

On Friday, August 12th we arrive at Cozumel, Mexico. 


Cozumel is a very popular cruise ship destination.  We parked next to another Carnival Ship, the Valor, and a Royal Caribbean Ship.  At another dock nearby was a Norwegian Cruise Line ship.




It was hot here, in the mid-nineties, and sunny.  Our excursion this day was to crew an America's Cup Yacht racing boat.  We met our guide and were separated into two teams.  Half of us went on the American Sailboat, the other half on the Canadian.  Each person was given a job - I was bartender, which suited me perfectly.  Lonnie was timekeeper. 


We raced the Canadian ship doing exactly what they do in the America's Cup race.  We lost :(
But still, what fun. 

Our crew


On this trip, I of course put on SPF 50 and wore a cap, but completely forgot my ears.  Since my hair was in a ponytail, the tips of my ears got BURNT.  They were bright red. 



After the excursion, we wandered around the little shopping area at the port.  Having shopped a lot elsewhere, we were basically shopped out.  Since Margaritaville wasn't in the port, but somewhere in town, we elected to go to a place called... arrrgh, the name escapes me.  But we had our requisite margaritas.


But the margaritas were good, if expensive.  Then we headed back to the ship, where this cute towel animal awaited us.



The cruise ship actually gave classes in how to make these towel creatures, but since I saw no use for such a skill, I didn't attend.

 



1 comment:

Regina Richards said...

Wow, that looks like paradise!